Born in Los Angeles, CA in the mid-80’s, my culinary journey started when I was 13 years old in my mother’s kitchen in Redding, CA. I remember turning a package of fresh strawberries into a puree by hand (today I would use an immersion blender, but with age comes wisdom) then adding sugar and cinnamon until it was a delicious strawberry sauce!! This is where my love for creating food began. I’ve since spent years teaching myself the ins and outs of cooking and learning my own signature taste. My biggest honor was being named Top 40 Home Cook in America by MasterChef in May of 2017. This is only the first of many awards I hope to accomplish in the field of the culinary arts, so follow along and enjoy my journey!!
Brien, from Redding, CA, has been whittled down from tens of thousands of hopefuls across the country to compete for the MasterChef title, spot on the MasterChef cruise, and $250,000 grand prize.
Check his website: http://www.chefbrienobrien.com
Other facts to him:
- 33 years old
- Grew up in Northern California (Redding), but has lived in Pacific Beach for 11 years
- Started cooking around 13 years old
- Was kicked out of high school, but now has a Master’s degree
- Specializes in “California Comfort Food”
- Won 1st Mystery Box of this season’s MasterChef
- Was first Team Leader on in a Team Challenge (Won)
Leave a Reply